Pages

Monday, August 21, 2006

No pictures of the shots

Forget it. Are you kidding me? A two-inch needle stuck straight into Autumn's thighs? Not turned sideways like we get needles, straight in -- like a stabbing.

This reminds me of my old doctor, Doctor Deisch (DEESH). Honestly, I don't even know if I'm spelling it right. He was European, possibly German. And I swear, he reveled in my pain. One time, when I got a shot in my teens, he just jabbed the needle straight in. No pinching of the skin and easing it in on an angle. We're talking straight in. Holy smokes it hurt.

Anyway, same thing with Autumn, but the needle was in her pudgy little thighs. She turned beet red, and let out a wail that was both terrifying and heartbreaking at the same time. We didn't take a picture. That face, or that moment, isn't something I want to remember. We'll update Autumn's swollen thighs later tonight.

No comments: