Pages

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Autumn on her throne


mom says:

So, today Autumn and I were out for a drive after visiting dad at work. Things were going well, although truthfully the rear facing carseat is tough for me. I would like to be able to see her without having to do a backbend/pivot over the front seat - either way- we are driving along and suddenly the screaming began... I reached back and popped in the pacifier (I can do that without even turning around - kind of a over the shoulder, feel for the mouth move)- but no luck even with her pacifier she kept wailing.....

So, I began looking for a quiet, private place where one might whip out the boob inconspicuously.... having secured the perfect long parking lot of a somewhat empty office park I crawled into the backseat and got to work.

released her from her carseat shackles, changed a poopy (and I mean poopy) diaper. and began feeding... and continued to feed.... and feed some more.

After roughly 35 minutes we were back on the road- no harm no foul. Actually it was kind of fun hanging out in the backseat and listening some great music on the lake (107.7 the lake).

I think I am getting the hang of this motherhood thing.

No comments: