Pages

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Subliminal Advertising

I think, after once running a marathon, that I could give you about 20 reasons why you shouldn't eat at a McDonald's. You could watch "Super size Me", or you could simply not eat there because they are using sketchy advertising techniques to sell burgers on the food network. I watched this the other day. A guy who was watching Iron Chef America, and noticed a quick flash of red. His DVR recorder was slowed down. Take a look.



There have been a lot of studies on subliminal advertising over the years. Movie theaters apparently used to do this extensively, showing popcorn for a single frame. I don't think this was official policy, I think it's most likely a rogue brand manager. But, if you needed a reason to not eat at McDonald's, here it is.

No comments: