Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Her first sick day.


Autumn, originally uploaded by MRHames.

Last Friday, she got a flu shot. That's the first thing you should know. The second thing is that Rhona visits Autumn every day at lunch. On Monday, just before mom was set to leave, she got a call from the daycare. Autumn had thrown up and needed to be taken home. Mom left work and picked her up. I met them at home. She seemed fine, but we watched her all afternoon (with me trying to get some work done).

Not to get all sentimental and shit, but I am going to spend the rest of my life trying to make life go as smoothly as possible for Autumn. And she'll have countless days where she's sick, and not feeling well enough to go to school. On those days, I'll try to make things comfortable. Yesterday though, we just got a free afternoon, because she seemed fine.

So call it a day to call in well. I look forward to many more of those.

No comments: