Pages

Thursday, January 04, 2007

2007

It's 2007. I know this seems to come from the Department of Stating the Obvious, but it bears repeating, because sometimes I can't believe it. It's quint now, the memories of the year 2000. But if a new year is a time to look back, then when I think about my life 7 years ago, and my life now, it's hard to believe how different they are.

I live in a different country, one I am contemplating becoming a citizen of. I'm married to a wonderful woman, and we have a great little family. Autumn, the reason for this blog, is the cutest baby in the world. Her smile makes each morning better than the last one. And the way she makes her mom laugh makes each day better. Seeing Autumn with her mom, both of them laughing, making funny noises at each other is a sight I'm grateful to be lucky enough to see.

I read once that a pessimist looks at New Year's because they want to see it go, while an optimist looks to New Years' because they can't wait to see what happens next. I have no idea where I'll be when the clock strikes 2008, but I can't wait for the trip.

Hope everyone is having a happy new year.

No comments: