Pages

Friday, March 23, 2007

Social Networking, Autumn's future

We're sort of older, Autumn's mom and dad. For us, the Internet is still something of a new thing. Meaning this: we didn't grow up with it. We grew into it. We grew into YouTube, and mySpace, and even Facebook!, which, if you followed the link, would have showed you that I am a member. I also have a mySpace page, and a channel on YouTube, but my point here isn't to show you that I'm adopting the technology, my point is to show you that Autumn will never have to adapt.

Autumn will never not know the internet. Autumn will never not know social networking. She probably won't have a mySpace or Facebook, because I think they will turn into something different. YouTube hasn't been in business for 2 years. In 2 years, when Autumn is thinking about the internet, who knows what will be around. Whatever it is, it won't be new to her. It will be like a TV is to us. Sure, there are newer, flashier TV's. But it's still a TV. To Autumn (and all kids born in the last couple of years), the internet will just be a TV. Nothing special. Nothing to adapt to. And that's kind of interesting.

No comments: