Pages

Friday, March 02, 2007

Autumn crawling, walking

This month, Autumn will be 9 months old. That's around the time it took mom to carry her in her belly.

She's crawling around now without any problem. And she's beginning to practice pulling herself up on just about anything. This morning, she tried to pull herself up using my bottom lip. I'm not kidding. So, in the next few months, she'll learn that some things aren't sturdy enough to lift her weight.

That's probably why yesterday, at Day Care, I signed an 'Accident Report'. It seems our little Peanut tried to pull herself up on something that fell on her. She had a little boo-boo on her head, but I'll bet you didn't notice it in this morning's picture.

What you will notice, when you come to our house, is that we're baby-proofing as we go. As new parent's, we can guess what she'll get into, but they are only guesses. I would never have guessed that she would use my bottom lip to stand up. And I would never have guessed that her little nails would cut my lip.

So we baby proof. We pull things off the table. We clear the lower shelves of the bookshelves. We keep our bottom lip as far away from her little fingers as possible.
We work on it. And try hard to limit the bumps to little ones.

People often ask us if she's growing up too fast. When I'm up at 2:00AM feeding her, I can honestly tell you it isn't fast enough. And, I can't wait until she's walking and talking. A parent we talked to said this: "You can't wait for your child to start walking and talking, and when they do, you can't wait for them to sit down and shut up."

Right now, I can't wait for her to start talking. Keep watching this blog to see how that goes.

No comments: