Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

sleeping on dad's shoulder


sleeping on dad's shoulder, originally uploaded by MRHames.

We talk a lot about first here at Autumn Created. Her first time crawling. Her first this, her first that. The other day, she fell asleep on my shoulder for the first time. I had just finished feeding her, so I was burping her. She tucked her head on my shoulder and fell sound asleep.

It's hard to explain how this made me feel. Of course my daughter would trust that my shoulder is a good place to sleep on. Of course she would feel safe there. Comfortable. You expect it. You think it. But when it happens, and she does fall asleep. It's the best.

It's a reinforcement that she does trust. That she does, and will find comfort in my shoulder. As long as she needs it, it'll be there. That's what this picture is saying. And while this wasn't the first time, it was shortly after. And that's worth a post.

No comments: