Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

inside out and backwards

the mornings around here can get a little frantic sometimes. Mom has figured out a way to go three days without washing her hair (granted that third day is a bit sketchy)... so she doesn't take long to get ready, but she has a hard time getting out of bed. Now, it must be said that she gets out of bed at 2am and 4am when the girl starts wailing...but when 6 or 7am rolls around she can't get her feet on the ground.

hence the mad rush.

we do a good job of sharing the duties, Matt makes us oatmeal, I play with the girl or change her diaper, Matt unloads the dishwasher, I lay out the girl's clothes for the day. Thankfully, Matt gives me time to get dressed while he dresses Autumn.

With the baby monitor in her room, it is always fun for me to listen in as dad dresses her. There are squaks of pleasure, giggles, funny dad sounds and then screams when she decides she doesn't want to lay still anymore. But, thank god for dad getting her dressed... it gives me a chance to slather lotion on my face, brush my teeth, change my clothes five times and put deodorant on... but the best part is often yet to come.

we all meet again downstairs in preparation for leaving the house and it is at this time that I first look at what Autumn is wearing. She has a lot of cute clothes with flowers and snaps and buttons and getting her fully fastened is a job and half!

yesterday for example, she was dressed in a flowered turtleneck onesie with three snaps up the back and a pink fleecey pair of overalls with Peter Rabbit on the front... But something was a bit strange when I looked at her ...

her turtleneck was on backwards making it more of a v-neck snap up sweater and the overalls were on inside out. I need to say, there are times when Dad himself puts his clothes on backwards or insideout... but watching him dress up his little girl insideout and backwards is nothing but sweet. When I mention this to him- he always says the same thing... "You know, I thought it was weird, but...." In the end she went to school with the shirt on backwards (overalls were reversed before we left the house).

When I dropped her off at daycare I explained that "dad dressed her today".. the ladies laughed, but the funniest part was when I went to see Autumn at lunchtime - she was still wearing her shirt on backwards... there really was no need to change it.

thank god for our teamwork in the morning.

1 comment:

Matt. said...

I was positive buttons went in the front. You try getting a buttons go in the back shirt on a screaming little girl in the morning when you haven't had enough coffee.