Pages

Saturday, March 03, 2007

At the Brier

I am doing this post from the Canadian Curling Championships. Also known as the Brier. The Brier is one of Canada's premier sporting events. Thanks to my occasional penmanship in a little curling rag called the Curling News, I get to be an ink-stained retch for the week and watch the event from the press box. As a young curler, I used to throw rocks at night thinking about throwing a shot to win the Brier. And while the Olmpics are now a big every-four-year carrot, there's something special about the Brier. You won't find another sport with the same kind of access to players. some of the guys on the ice, I consider friends. As I walked around before this game, I saw people I haven't seen in a long time. It was pretty cool.

Anyway, I might blog some more about this later. It's that cool.

No comments: