Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Vocab List


So much is happening these days with Autumn. She is growing and laughing and talking all the time. As a mother I believe I will remember all these wonderful details, but as a Rhona I should know better - Matt chides me relentlessly that I don't even remember the year we got married (he is sometimes right-2002 for the record). So, equipped with the knowledge that my memory is simply not what it once was I thought I would take a moment to share a listing of her current words that she says either in response to a request or when she actually wants to say something... some of these you would recognize, other times you would need me or dad there to tell you what she just said :)

apple
banana (pronounced ba-na-na-na-na)
noodle (pronounced noo-noo)
oranges
mama, mommy, mom, often screamed or cried or laughed
book
milk
binky (generally screamed in serious panic, even if there is already one in her mouth or hands)
ball
shoes
dada, daddy, da , see mama for pronunciationnose
eyes
mouth (pronounced map)
hair
toes
baby
bye-bye (accompanied by a wave)
hello (often said when holding a phone)
moo
nee-nee (in response to what does a horse say)
dog (pronounced god... interesting)
Lucy (pronounced Woo-Cy especially after she drops her food on the ground)
Aadi (name of a boy in her class)
boots
cookie
Nanny
cup
coffee (said when reaching for my mug)
Tea (see above)


I am sure I am forgetting some, but the hope is that in the future I won't forget the majority. Currently my favorite is Noo-Noo, but Woo-Cy is in serious contention. There is nothing better than watching her stop what she is doing, look up and yell "Woo-Cy? Woo-Cy?"... I should say now that she has also learned the word "No" and as we expected- she will soon know "No Lucy!", an essential phrase for survival in this house.

No comments: