Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

A show about advertising

According to Adfreak, there's gonna be a new show about advertising on TNT. Which I thought was called The Nashville Network, until I realized that's TNN. I have no idea what TNT stands for and can't be bothered to google it. Anyway, here's the presser:
"Eric McCormack has been tapped for one of the leading roles in the TNT drama pilot “Truth in Advertising.”

Tom Cavanagh is in final negotiations for the other lead in the project, from Warner Horizon and Shephard/Robin Co.

“Advertising” is set at the multimillion-dollar advertising agency Rothman, Greene & Moore, where executives must continually prove themselves as their jobs are on the line every day.

McCormack will play Mason McGuire, vp and art director at the Chicago agency. He is described as a nice guy navigating the politics in an increasingly cutthroat corporate world. When he is promoted to creative director, Mason must learn to cultivate his inner shark.

Cavanagh would play the highly emotional and creative Conner, Mason’s partner, friend and copywriter. He gets that advertising is a business but is always looking for ways to mix in plenty of pleasure."
I think it will be kinda neat to see how they develop the relationship between the Art Director and the copywriter. I've had some doozy relationships myself. My first partner was an English bloke, who may or may not have been gay. My next partner was incredibly creative, and completely late on everything. The next one was a true conspiracy theorist who continually thought he was going to get fired, or abducted, or both. (Since getting abducted would mean missing enough work to get fired).

My current partner is extremely talented, and defiantly gay. I don't mean that in a negative way, just that he's gay and proud.

But this little trip down memory lane is really because the thing that first struck me about this new show, set in Chicago, is that both men are Canadian.

That just struck me.

No comments: