Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2007

botanical gardens- a safe place.

yesterday was just one of those days where i struggled to keep Autumn happy. She was unsettled , discontented and just plain cranky... after about an hour of pulling my hair out trying to figure out what we could do inside (it suddenly got cold)...we came up with the South Buffalo Botanical gardens. It was the best $5 I have spent in a long time.
There were all these amazing plants with glorious colors . This one above is filled with all my favorite fall colors. As the temperatures cool and we start wearing sweaters again- I thought this plant was the best of the day.

Just amazing plants... all I seem to be able to grow is weeds... but they flourish!



I am not saying this photo is great... but there is something peaceful about bonsai trees. Wax on, Wax off!
Autumn was good when we were inside... but boy she was psyched to get out of the stroller and run around the grounds. She is in the phase where she enjoys rocks and gravel alot more than horticulture- but what can you do?



Tell me this couldn't be a photo of an Irish baby playing in a field of potatoes? She is lovely and truly the most photogenic person I know.

No comments: