Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

Everything hurts

REM wrote a song called Everybody Hurts. Here's the lyric:
Well, everybody hurts sometimes,
Everybody cries. And everybody hurts sometimes
And everybody hurts sometimes. So, hold on, hold on
Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on
Everybody hurts. You are not alone
That song has been in my head since Saturday morning in Oakville. But instead of Everybody Hurts, my version goes "Mybody hurts" or Everything Hurts" -- it depends on the moment. Fact is, everything hurts. This weekend, we went curling in Oakville. And I swept like I hadn't in a long time. My muscles agree.

We played good for a new team. We were competitive when it mattered. And the cool thing for me was that Autumn came along. She got to meet a lot of old friends. One guy says to me, you lose track of a guy, and look what happens, they procreate. Still, it was nice to curl again. And it was nice to show off my wife and child to my friends. So the pain had some gain. But, everypartofmybody hurts.

No comments: