Pages

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Roger Federer speaks French at French Open

French Open (tennis)Image via WikipediaSeems obvious that he would be speaking French at the French Open. But I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone who can speak English speak another language altogether. And it made me wonder: usually, people speak English for the TV audience. But what if the US audience isn't as important to success anymore? I hate to get all political, but 7 years of the Bush has impacted a lot of things. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I've never seen this. The European Union is a powerful entity, and speaking French in France is respecting it.

In the US, unless there's an American in the final, this isn't that compelling. Even though it really is very compelling. It's the 3rd straight final of two of the best players of our generation. It was fun to watch.

I think I am reading too much into it. I need a nap.

Add to Mixx!




Zemanta Pixie

No comments: