Pages

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

meltdowns

The glaciers aren't the only things that are melting down: Autumn has some doozy meltdowns.

Last night it was just me and her. When mommy left, I got the normal, expected mommy meltdown.


"Mommy" she cries near the last door that mommy went out of. "Mommy". it comes out in gasps almost, in between cries. When I try to pick her up she does that dead weight thing that parent's understand. She manages to contort her body in such a way that does actually make her 21 pounds feel heavier.

One I do manage to pick her up, I have to guard against the flailing legs. She's just tall enough now that her flailing legs come perilously close to the boys.

I learned that one the hard way.

The only option on a meltdown is really just waiting it out. I can't console her. I can eventually redirect her (what's Lucy doing?), but that doesn't happen immediately.

What are your favorite meltdown ideas?


Add to Mixx!

No comments: