Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

On my dadness

The little Gavster (Gabby Gabs) and I are sitting in bed now. It's the end of the day, and he's tired. So am I. Mom went out to dinner with the neighbors leaving me with the two kids and the two neighbor kids Patrick and Caroline. This was okay for acouple of reasons:

1. It sort of confirms my dadness. Look, I know I'm a dad. I've changed enough diapers, kissed enough bobo's, and read enough good night stories to know that I'm dad-like. But watching four kids felt hardcore. Sure, it was only for an hour, but honestly, part of me dug the idea that I was in charge of 4 kids. It feels like not long ago that I was writing blog posts about just being in awe of being a dad. And now, I'm in charge.

2. It was only for an hour.

3. Quid pro quo. I scratch your back, you scratch mine.

4. Autumn loves the kids. Her kids. I watched Patrick and Caroline, and outside of a few moments where the 2 year old and the almost 5 year old didn't see eye to eye, it was easy. In larger numbers, they are self-entertaining. That doesn't take anything away from my dadness from number one. Because I was in charge. But I was easier than you think.

Anyway, that's it.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: