Pages

Friday, February 02, 2007

Willow passes.... enter Tavish.




Willow is gone...a cat my parents loved and cared for for the past 15 years. A few words about Willow... they would tell you that Willow was 'my' cat, but truthfully once I came home from college and left again for Colorado, the cat became theirs. They like to tell me that i left Willow with them which is true for a couple of years, but when i returned east and wanted to take Willow with me to my new apartment- they couldn't part with Willow... which was fine. If you have a pet you know how much love they bring to a home and love in my parents home is a good thing. The cat was given fresh ham from my dad and babyfood from my mom. I got Willow when i was in college, my friend Melissa and I went to a farm and picked out kittens. She got CLYDE, and I selected Willow. A pussycat named for the white tip on her tail making her officially a pussy-willow, or Willow for short. Willow had thumbs on both front paws and although she wasn't the traditional loveydovey cat, she loved and was loved to distraction by my parents for the better part of her life. They were both absolutely devastated when she left the world, but they have wonderful memories and took great care of her until her last moment.

After enough time had passed, grandma and grandpa realized how much they missed Willow. So, they went together to the SPCA and found TAVISH, a new cat to love and care for. Tavish is a tiger cat (like Willow) who was in a bad fight and was hurt. Tavish has a little bite out of one of her ears and his front leg is still healing. He is very very friendly and can jump from the floor to the counter and then up to the top of a refrigerator! Tavish likes to sit in the window and watch the sunshine and the people go by. He comes when you call him and lets you pick him up and pet him. He is lovey and he is dovey and he is just the perfect cat for grandma and grandpa!!! Welcome Tavish.

No comments: