Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2007

This American Life

One of the best hours of broadcast each week is This American Life, on the radio. Stories that are touching, funny, moving, always entertaining, each week a theme is brought to us, and each week our family listens. Last night, Rhona and I went to see Ira Glass speak at UB. It was a great performance. It was funny, and inspiring. But it was also interesting. Ira thinks that we need learn how to tell stories better. And the way to tell stories is life this:

Something happens. Something happens. Something happens. Something happens. And then you reflect. That's the key to a good story.

Moving forward on this blog, I will try to tell stories in the manner Ira Glass suggested. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

didi_international said...

Hey Guys...I LOVE "This American Life"...I had tickets for this show and I had to give them away because I had to go out of town...
I hope he comes back to Buffalo again~

Glad to hear it was a great show!
Di

Matt. said...

it was a great show. If you want to hear the first one, go to thislife.org, where you can hear it. It's awesome.