Pages

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Frankie Laine

Flashback 20 years to a Saturday morning at the Hames household. Breakfast has been eaten, papers have been delivered, and in the background Frankie Laine croons to songs like Jezebel, I Believe, When You See Me Coming, Lucky Old Sun, and My Way.



My dad, Autumn's granddad was and still is a big fan of the deep-voiced singer. So much so, that he would throw on two records, and play them all the way through. Then he would flip them, and play the back. Or sometimes, he would yell from upstairs or downstairs for me to flip the records. My sister Tracey and I can, to this day, sing the songs mentioned above all the way through. Anyway, Frankie Laine died yesterday at 93. He was a big part of my life growing up.

"St. Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go, I owe my soul to the company store."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And actually, not only can we sing all the songs, but if you put the album on, and one song finishes, we know exactly the next song to come on and can begin singing it! I'm sure Autumn will be listening to Frankie when she visits Grandad! And her aunt will make sure she knows all about Rod Stewart. We'll make sure she is very well rounded muscially!! Love AT.