Pages

Friday, February 02, 2007

Major Freakout

Freakouts are things we'll most likely have a lot more of in our life. So last night, we went to a friends house to watch the hockey game. The Sabres won, and Autumn went to sleep at their house. We piled her up and took her home. Nothing weird so far. She was in her crib, I was in bed. Fast forward to 11:00PM.

She started wailing. Now, she's done this before, there's nothing new here. Sometimes she gets worked up because she's on her belly, her binky is somewhere else. It usually just means going in, putting the binky in her mouth and rocking her a bit. No problem. Only, and this is the weird part, when I looked in her crib, she wasn't there.

Cue freakout.

It turns out, our little roller managed to kick the crib wall, the part that slides up and down, off just enough for her to squeeze through. Meaning, last night, Autumn fell to the floor from about a foot and half off the ground. If I seem somewhat clinical in my description right now, it's because she's okay. In fact, last night, she went back to sleep within a few minutes.

Tonight, when I get home, I will take a serious look at the crib. Suffice it to say, we may need a new crib. Hopefully we simply need a few patches to the existing crib. We'll see.

And, she's okay. It's our job to come to her rescue, and we did. As soon as I said "oh my god", Rhona was there. She could tell by the tone that things weren't savvy. But, in the end, they were. This morning, Autumn was zipping around the house in her little walker, and things were normal.

Still, a moment of pretty intense fear.

My first.

No comments: