This morning, Autumn just kinda sat in her crib in the morning and chatted away happily. She doesn't speak real words, but I get the sense that in her head, she's saying stuff. Blah, blah, blah, she went on.
Sometimes, we'll just sit there and listen. Other times, like this morning, we'll stop doing stuff just to listen.
Of course, there's a point in the morning where talking to yourself gets old, and that's when she cries, but it's not a meltdown cry. It's a signal to us to spring her from her crib and start the morning. As soon as got near her door, she stopped chattering. I opened the door, and she had a big smile on her face.
Since that truly was a great moment, i wanted to list the 5 cool moments of this week, in no order.
1. We went swimming at the gym at lunch yesterday. the gym is 5 minutes from work, so i took an early lunch and went. She loved it. The smiles went on for miles.
2. Eating. This is a touch and go situation. She eats pasta, and yogurt. But on Monday night, i got her to eat a feat by applauding every time she ate. And the smile on her face? Priceless.
3. Tickling her feet. There's nothing better than a baby's laugh. Especially if it can turn into a full-blown giggle-fest. She loves to have her feet tickled. She actually hates socks.
4. Any bath time. Bath time is where is your belly button time. Any bath time is fun time.
5. What does a sheep say. On Halloween, we dressed her up as a cow. And even though she knows what a cow says, she never did a moo. But a sheep? She really gets into the sheep thing. She throws her heart and soul in the the BAA! It's awesome.