Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

From bottle to milk: her first taste

Our pediatrician said it was okay to transition Autumn from formula to milk. Since she's one, we can give her Whole Milk.

So we did.

Last night, I went into her room because she was complaining. It was 8:30, well past her bed time. I gave her a bottle that had formula and whole milk mixed, which she greedily ate.

She spit out the bottle after a few minutes, and looked in need of a burp. So I proceeded to burp her. Well, she belched like I've never heard her belch before. I was thinking things were awesome when all of a sudden, she projectile vomited all over my back and her room. I yelled for Rhona's help and ran Autumn into the bathroom. She was still emptying the contents of her tummy.

Since I had milk all over my shoulder, back and legs, I decided to take a bath with the peanut, who perked up really fast. Mom cleared out her room (the carpet needs to be cleaned.)

Point being: Based on how her vomit looked- read cheese curds (I'm sorry, that's gross), we're going to give her much less milk. And transition slowly. So that she doesn't puke up smelly milk all over my back.

mom here- the puke was NUTS... it was like her belly made yogurt of the milk we fed her. I would love to hear from other mom's who may have experienced this absolute mayhem also... it was so strange... and don't get me started on the smell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!
So normal, so common! You might want to try soy milk. We had to with Harrison when we switched over. Their little tummy's just aren't ready to digest the mooo-milk. Try it a ounce or two at a time.

And for your carpet- use vinegar to clean it! Mix vinegar w/ water, spray it on the carpet, sprinkle with baking soda and let it TOTALLY dry...vacumn up when dry.

Best of luck!!! Amy