Pages

Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy mom's day

We had a happy mom's day. It started with Autumn and I making mom breakfast in bed. Some cheese on top, which is basically cheese on toast, broiled. A coffee, and some juice. Autumn helped.


Then, Nanny came into town for a special brunch. I made Eggs Benedict with smoked pepper bacon. The eggs benny were good, although I decided I need a double boiler. The other dishes in the brunch were a fruit bowl, roasted potatoes, and fried tomoatoes and mushrooms. Nanny had a nice time with Autumn. She went running across the living room (using her little walker). She would run to me, I would turn her around, and she would run back to nanny. Then Mom got involved, and she ran back and forth.

This, clearly tired her out. Because she went down for a two hour nap! As we reflected, it became clear that Autumn will be walking sometime soon. It could happen at any moment.

But really I want to take this time to thanks my moms. My mom drove her for breakfast on mother's day. I appreciate that. These days, we're just not as mobile as we used to be. It's not enough to pack up Autumn anymore, we need stuff. A lot of stuff. So it was a huge help to have Nanny Hames come here. Second, I want to thank Rhona for being such a great mom. Autumn is turning into a beautiful little girl, and Rhona deserves a lot of the credit. She's attentive, caring, loving, engaged. She's everything you could ask for in a mom.

And finally, I want to thank Grandma Cadenhead for the wonderful spread at dinner. Grandma loves Autumn, and Autumn loves going over there to play. Last night, they played with coasters, both of them smiling and laughing the whole time.

Mother's day was great thanks to the mothers in our lives. She says thanks!

No comments: