Pages

Friday, May 18, 2007

good golf, bad fish, a day in the life

Yesterday, I had the privilege of golfing at Legends on the Niagara. It was really cheap, so I went. I even played okay, getting a 2 o the 7th hole. Yes ladies and gentleman, an honest to goodness birdie. Most of the rest of te time, I got 6 or 7, for Legends is a tough track for someone who no longer really golfs. But it was a nice day.

Then we went over to our hosts house for dinner. And that, ladies and gentleman is when things seem to have fallen apart. I had dinner, left at around 9:30, and arrived home a little after 10:00. Hit he sack, and that was that. Until around 5:00AM, when it felt like a large hairy man with a baseball bat was repeatedly walloping me in the belly with a baseball bat. Not the way you want to start your Friday morning. After a rousing ten minutes on the toilet, it was clear that something was wrong in dodge. I was freezing, had a headache, had a belly ache, and felt worse and worse. So Rhona called me in sick.

Right now, I feel okay. Not great, but I don't feel like I'm dying anymore. More rest will help. I have to be on my game tomorrow. We have Sabres tickets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get better, Matty.

Jen