Pages

Thursday, September 04, 2008

So last night, just before reading books with Autumn, she stopped, turned to me and said, "Pull my finger".

I said pardon?

"Pull my finger" she said, sicking out her finger and laughing.

I didn't teach her this. At the time, I had no idea who tought her this. But, as I'm leanring, you have to go with your kids sometimes down roads that seem pretty weird. For instance, in bed the other night, she turned to me and asked:

"Can I cry?"

There's no good answer to this question. I couldn't say no, because that would make her sad, meaning she would cry. If i say yes, I'm basically giving her permission to cry.

So I asked her why she wanted to cry.

"So you'll come back in" she replied, as if it was obvious.

So I went with it. I told her she could cry, she did, I came back in, and she shut up and went to sleep.

Knowing all I know about going with it, I pulled her finger.

She smirked, batted her eyelashes, and made a cute little fart sound with her lips. Then she giggled like a two-year old.

Things are getting fun.





Add to Mixx!



No comments: