Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

In the hottub

Last night, Rhona went to get her hair done, so it was just me and the kids. After dinner, we had ice cream, which makes both kids extraordinarily happy. Then, I told Autumn we could watch TV.

"But you NEVER let us watch TV!" She said.

I guess I'm the guy who never lets them watch TV. It's not true, they watch TV with me all the time, but Autumn's perception is still being worked out. If someone is mean to her at school 3 months ago, then they were mean to her yesterday. Or, the other day.

For her, the idea of time isn't that well established. Today, tomorrow, last week -- these are concepts as alien to her as the theory of relativity.

so we watched TV. Then, after TV, me, Gavin and Autumn took a dip in the hot tub. Autumn again:

"Dad! TV and now the HOTTUB?"

Last night, I was dad of the year.

No comments: