Pages

Friday, July 28, 2006

Feeding and pumping

Okay, so it's week 5. Admittedly, the first four weeks were a blur. Some highlights though, for the record:

On the night we brought her home, I passed out. It was late, around 2:00AM. I hadn't been sleeping well -- the hospital bed was like an uneven slab of rocks. Sleeping in my bed sent me into a sound slumber. Anyway, we're fast asleep when Rhona wakes up with pain from her C-section. I jump out of bed really fast to help her to the toilet. At about the door from our room to the hall, I remember feeling a little sick. Next thing I know, Rhona's telling me to stay with her and my mom, who was staying over, is grabbing a wet cloth. I was out cold. Seems I have this strange reflex of waking too quickly. Anyway, no one was hurt, just my pride. Now, with some weeks in between, it's funny.

Her highlights are mostly cute little googly sounds. I love watching her stretch. Which she's doing right now. Which means she could be waking up. Not good. She's already been fed milk that Rhona pumped earlier. Rhona has been a pumping star. It's week 5 and she has at least two days of milk in the bank, and I feed her every morning. You do the math. Anyway, if she requires more food, she's gonna need a boob.

No comments: